Here’s a quick soup for you folks!
Sometimes I feel like I take chicken for granted since we eat it so often.
Today I’d like to take a quick look at its benefits to appreciate the delicious nutrition of chicken.
I’m sure we all know it’s packed with protein with less fat.
It’s also a great source of Vitamin D for calcium absorption and bone health, Vitamin A for eyesight and our immune system, and iron for blood circulation.
Now we have more reasons to love and eat chicken!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 10 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 skinless, boneless cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup thick GFCF milk
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- tortilla chips
- Cut tortillas into strips
- Cube chicken breast
- Dice tomato
- Mince jalapeno
- Add chicken stock and tortilla strips in large pot
- Cook at medium heat until strips soften, broth should thicken a little
- Add enchilada sauces and cumin, stir
- Add chicken and milk, stir
- Ladle into bowls once everything is hot!
- Garnish with the diced tomato and jalapeno pepper
- Serve with tortilla chips!
- Makes 6 servings
GFCF, SF, EF
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- EF – egg free