What can I say, but I love light and refreshing salads with my meals. Compliments salty and savory protein dishes well, all the while providing a ton of nutrition.
Herbs have incredible compounds that fight off pathogens. Plus, they’re tasty too!
My favorite ingredient this time is apple cider vinegar, or ACV as it’s called for short. Bragg’s is definitely one of the best brands because theirs has something called “the mother.” Basically it’s unfiltered and has a ton of great probiotics that is great for your gut health.
Besides gut health, ACV has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels, dandruff and other skin issues, sore throats, and even body odor.
The jury is still out on this one, but a friend swears it helps his seasonal allergies.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Bragg’s apple cider vinegar or GFCF tamari sauce
- 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, fresh
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, fresh
- 8 large basil leaves, fresh
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper (freshly ground is best!)
- Juice limes
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, and dijon mustard to a food processor
- Pulse briefly and add herbs
- Pulse again till coarsely chopped
- While the food processor runs, add olive oil very slowly to emulsify it into a smooth consistency
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Keeps for up to 10 days in the fridge.
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free