This one’s great for egg rolls or even roasted meats.
If you ever get Chinese roast duck, roast pork, or bbq pork, and are unsure about their sauce, here’s a great alternative!
And no stove required!
We’ve talked about ginger before, so this time let’s talk about the tiny but powerful and flavorful sesame oil.
One of its key compounds is a dietary phytochemical called sesame, an antioxidant that has been shown to help protect against radiation-induced DNA damage. Then there’s sesame, which may help promote apoptosis of deteriorating cells, potentially preventing the growth of cancer cells.
Beyond that, sesame oil is rich in copper which acts as a natural anti-inflammatory agent.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 scallion — minced
- 1 tsp GFCF soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic — minced
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Mince scallion, cilantro, garlic, and ginger
- Add all ingredients into a glass jar
- Shake to blend.
- Makes 1/2 cup of sauce
- Keeps for several days the fridge
- FCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free