When you need a cream substitute for your coffee or even desserts, this recipe is my go-to!
This is great for people who can’t drink dairy. Instead, this little recipe uses soymilk!
Soymilk is great in that it has all nine essential amino acids! That’s impressive as far as plants go. Soymilk has also been linked to lower risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and even help reduce menopausal symptoms!
A side note for the chocolate lovers, you can also add cocoa powder for a tasty chocolate cream.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fine cornmeal
- 125ml soymilk, unsweetened (sweetened is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp maple syrup, or more to taste
- 2 oz margarine
- Add the cornmeal in a small pan
- Add the soymilk a little at a time, mixing carefully to remove lumps
- Add the vanilla essence and maple syrup
- Heat on low, stirring gently and continuously until the mixture thickens
- Remove from heat
- Bathe the pan in cold water to let cool
- In a small bowl, mash the margarine with a fork till it begins to cream
- Start adding cooled cornmeal mixture, continuing to mix till you have a rich. smooth. creamy consistency (hand-mixers work great here)
- If it’s too thick, thin extra soymilk. But be careful not to add too much
- Refrigerate till needed
GFCF, SF, EF, DF
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free
this changes everything
ikr i can make my favorite desserts again
I can have my coffee again!
real men drink their coffee black
why are you dragging that into the conversation
because real men speak their mind
i’m not even a man
oh. sorry ma’am, have a good day
and i will, with my new creamer in my coffee
i deserve that one
well at least you admit it. there may be some hope for you afterall
get a room you two!
sorry to interrupt the….mating ritual?
“so uh, wanna go out for coffee sometime?”
“okay! but i’m only free friday and saturday nights”
i love the internet sometimes
y’all are too much
guys, what if I can’t have soy products?
try almond milk or cashew milk
haha and this is coming from a “real man” who drinks his coffee black??
i’m only talking about the heavy cream.