Oat cookie bars are fantastic options to have available if you are in a rush and need something on the go. Oats are not only beneficial for your digestive health, but oats are also very nutritious. Oats are typically thought of as a good source of carbohydrates, but oats also contain a good amount of protein. The oat cookie bar recipe is one of my favorite options because the recipe is quite flexible. This recipe usually calls for adding in bananas as a fruit, but there is no strict requirement for what fruit anyone can add to their bars. This gives one freedom to add or substitute ingredients that best work with one’s allergies or taste preferences. Also remember if you prefer a sweeter taste, honey and agave are great additions.
In 2015, a study conducted in Germany on adults facing major joint pain and arthritis found that diary can increase inflammation throughout the body. This correlation was discovered when scientists found that of the 40,000 adults in the study, those who digested the most dairy were more likely to need a hip replacement surgery. However, milk does contain healthy nutrients like vitamin D, calcium, and vital proteins. If you have a dairy allergy or arthritis concerns and need a good source of calcium, adding oat cream as a base may be the best option for you.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg replacer or egg if ok
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 bananas mashed (sub with any fruit about 1/2- 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup GF oat flour
- 1/2 cup GF oatmeal
- 1/4 cup GF oat bran
- Mix together oat flour, oatmeal, and oat bran
- Add in sugar, canola oil, egg replacer, vanilla, and bananas
- Mix well and make bars from the mixture
- Place the oatmeal bars in an oiled 9×9 inch pan
- Bake at 350F for 30 mins
- You can easily add any good fruit or veggie to this recipe. Ideas might be banana, raisins, pumpkin, apricots, pears, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries. If using a mild veggie or fruit, add ½ tsp cinnamon to the recipe.
GFCF, DF, SF
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free