Sometimes you have to make do with what you have, what’s nice about this recipe is that it can be made with different substitutes for the meat, so can be adapted to what you have or whatever you prefer. You can use turkey, chicken breast or tenders, a lean pork loin, and even tofu.
- 3/ 4 lb. tenderized top round steak, (visible fat removed), or equal alternative option. Cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 16 oz. of diced stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 / 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Sauté meat strips in a sprayed non-stick pan for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except rice and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Check periodically to see if it needs water. Serve over rice.
- If using tofu, reverse the first two steps and add the tofu last so that it doesn’t fall apart
What did you end up using and how did it turn out?
GFCF, DF, EF, SF
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free
What? this was so fire!
Yeah, you gotta try this recipe if you like meats
This dish is absolutely amazing. Just follow the recipe, and you’ll have a great meal.
I’ve always loved pepper steak, but never had to cook it myself because someone else always made it for me. Now that I’m married and living on my own, I want to learn how to cook for myself. This is the first dish I tried on my own, and its great.
Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I am on a low carb diet that does not allow any rice, so I substituted cauliflower rice and it turned out great!
It wasn’t hard and didn’t require much of an investment in time or ingredients.
I love cooking it. This recipe is delicious and easy to make!
I have to say that this is the best Pepper Steak recipe I have ever tried. Not only is it served spicy and not too sweet, it also gives me more than enough time to get my rice prepared and ready by the time everything’s cooking together.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious recipe for dinner, this is the one you should try!
I made this with my friends and it was a hit. We were all still talking about how great it tasted days after. I love how easy it is to make and the flavor is incredible!
I’ve tried so many recipe apps in the past but none of them were as well-designed and easy to use as Pepper Steak.
Costco is perfect for this 🙂
Wow the flavor!
The steak is so tender that it just melts in your mouth, and the peppers offer a great flavor.
It tastes so fresh and delicious and is healthier than a lot of other options
My family loves this we make it nearly every week
You won’t regret trying this.