Wild-caught salmon is super healthy for us! The wild ones swim freely in the ocean and can eat a healthier diet than farmed. Which means you get those great omega-3 fats that help your cells maintain a strong yet flexible shape (and function)!
Like many herbs, rosemary has a range of health benefits. It’s loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which benefit your immune and circulatory systems.
One such compound is carnosic acid, which has been linked to preventing damage by free radicals in our brain. It is also said to promote eye health.
Again, I’m no doctor but when it lifts the flavors of your dishes and may potentially improve your health, it’s a no brainer for me.
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary (1 Tbsp if dry rosemary)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup seasoned GFCF breadcrumbs
- 6 6-oz salmon steaks or fillet
- Olive oil for drizzling (about 3 Tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Chop rosemary
- Mince garlic
- Fillet or cut salmon into 6 oz steaks, about the palm of your hand
- Combine rosemary, black pepper, garlic in a bowl
- Season with salt to taste
- Mash into a paste with a fork or food processor
- Mix paste into breadcrumbs
- Salt both sides of salmon steaks to taste
- Arrange salmon steaks in a lightly oiled sheet pan
- Divide breadcrumb mixture over the top of each steak, pressing it in
- Drizzle with oil
- Place in oven, roast for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. The fish should flake slightly
GFCF, SF, EF, DF
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free
Thanks, been looking for an easy salmon recipe
I just made some!!! Thank you
Anyone try it without rosemary? Wondering if I coiuld use thyme
I actually did a blend of them. So thyme works well!!
i love salmon
This is my go to salmon recipe now
best salmon? i went to the store and found like a hundred kinds
can’t go wrong with wild-caught Atlantic
This works well with white fish too!
tried this with a garlic herb butter, yum!
do you keep the skin on???
it’s up to you. make sure it’s scaled and scored
thank youuuu internet stranger
Is frozen salmon okay?