Sometimes you need to tweak egg recipes just a little to change things up.
So, here’s a twist on scrambled eggs with some delicious smoked salmon!
And I’m sure we’ve heard salmon is healthy for us in one way or another. It is often touted as a great source of omega-3’s that promote brain and overall health. But it also boasts antioxidants like astaxanthin, which gives it its pink color. This powerful little chemical has been shown to prevent cardiovascular, immune, neurodegenerative, and inflammatory diseases.
We can’t forget salmon contains the entire vitamin B group which is crucial to all functions of our body and mind.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 4 Tbsp GFCF milk
- 3 Tbsp GFCF margarine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of your favorite herbs
- Add the milk to a mug
- Chop salmon roughly and soak in the milk mug for 20 minutes
- Set a frying pan on low heat and melt half the margarine
- Beat eggs and season to taste
- When pan heats up, swirl the margarine around
- Pour in beaten eggs, stirring constantly
- When egg is half solid and half liquid, add salmon and milk
- Stir continuously
- When little liquid is left, remove pan from heat and add rest of margarine
- Continue to stir until just about all the liquid is gone
- Serve with your favorite GFCF toast or even rice with a little GFCF soy sauce!
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free