Today, I have a more adventurous salad for you all! Lentils are gluten-free, containing low GCI complex carbs along with lots of fiber and protein.
In some regions of the world, people eat this hearty legume in place of meat.
Not only that, they are rich in B vitamins and minerals such as iron!
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 3 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots and/or beets
- Cook black beans and red lentils per package instructions
- Cook potatoes and slice thinly
- Mince garlic, parsley, and cilantro
- Cut red bell peppers into thin strips
- Tear butter leaf lettuce
- Juice lemon
- Grate carrots and/or beets
- Place the black beans in one bowl and lentils in another
- In a third bowl, whisk mustard, garlic, parsley, cilantro, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, oil and cayenne
- Evenly split the mixture between the beans and lentils
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour in fridge to marinate
- Cover 8 plates with lettuce leaves, topped with bell pepper slices
- On each plate, assemble small piles of potatoes, carrots and/or beets, beans and lentils
- Drizzle remaining marinade over each plate
- And serve!
GFCF, SF, EF, DF
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free
what if I don’t like beans???
take them out?
pinto beans are good
no… I don’t like the idea of beans
why are you commenting on this recipe again
unbelievably easy yet so rewarding thank you
now I know what i’ll be doing with my leftover lentils
I love lentil soup. First time having a lentil salad!
Wow.. sounds so good
Perfect for warm weather wow
i was going to try this until i saw potatoes
what’s wrong with potatoes?
they’re just not right in a salad
so… take them out?
Thanks for posting this recipe
green healthy cooking
ok i tried it…..uhhhhhh sooo yummy
did you end up trying the beans?
maybe next time! it’s so good already
Can I add cheese to this?