With some of us sensitive to lycopene found in the skin of nightshades like tomatoes and peppers, here is a tomato-free alternative.
The star of the show this time is mango! It’s packed full of anti-aging antioxidants and immune-boosting vitamins. It contains minerals such as magnesium and potassium as well, which helps promote healthy circulation. Mangiferin, also in mangos, appears to be great for heart health too!
I am experimenting with other tomato-free salsas and will get those out when I’ve tested them for healthiness and deliciousness.
- 2 cups mango
- Optional, substitute 1 cup pineapple or cucumber
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint
- Optional, 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 lemon
- Dice mangos
- Chop mint
- Grate ginger
- Juice lemon
- Combine everything into a bowl
- Adjust for sweet and sour with more tropical fruit or lemon
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Rest in the fridge at least 15 minutes, allowing flavors to blend
GFCF, SF, EF, DF
- GFCF – gluten free casein free
- SF – soy free
- DF – dairy free
- EF – egg free
- Tomato free